The government of South Africa provides social grants to its citizens in certain situations. These grants are called SASSA Grants. If you are not a South African citizen but have refugee status or permanent residency in South Africa, then you may have to access these grants.
The South Africa Social Security Agency manages grants and allowances. The agency aims to ensure that every citizen in South Africa eligible for the Grant can get help through the allowance. The Sassa provided grants for children, older persons grants and disability grants, war veteran grants, etc. SASSA also provides the R350 Grant for the special relief of distress during the Covid-19 crisis for unemployed persons.
Many SRD SASSA applications were made daily through Sassa Grant’s official website. The website serves many purposes. You Not only can apply for your SASSA application, but you can also check your SASSA SRD status. The SASSA website is also used to correct banking details and cancel the Sassa grant, reinstate, cancel Grant, for reapplying, and even you can also appeal from the Sassa website online.
Apply for the R350 Grant under the new rules:
As the national State of Disaster has ended, and the Sassa SRD R350 grant is now managed under new rules. Here are guidelines for Sassa applicants about submitting the R350 grant application through the Sassa website under the rules that were made this year.
The Special Relief of Distress Sassa grant is managed under the Social Assistance Act. As the State are no longer under disaster. So let me know how SRD grant applications will work now. After successful submission of application, the applicant can also Srd status check through online website:
Apply for the SRD Sassa grant online
The Sassa SRD grant applications are open for those wanting to apply.
Step to apply for the SRD grant through website.
- Go to Sassa website: srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll to the page until the ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant’ section
- Click on the bar ‘click here to apply online.’
- Enter your mobile number
- Press the button “send SMS.”
- Enter your one-time pin OTP code that Sassa has sent to the applicant’s mobile phone number
- Continue the application process by following the next steps according to the instructions on the Sassa website.
Apply for the Sassa SRD grant on WhatsApp
Steps to apply through Whatsapp are:
- Add phone number to your mobile list: 082 046 8553
- Open WhatsApp
- send a message by typing ‘hi’ to this number
- When you receive a response
- You will get various response options from Sassa,
- These messages will lead you to the Sassa platform, where you can apply for an SRD grant
- Confirm your identity
- Now the actual application process begins where you have to submit your name, surname, and ID number
- Follow the instruction on WhatsApp stating the next steps.
If you, as a Sassa applicant, want that SRD grant application considered, an applicant consider, you must have to verify his or her identity, residency, income, or social security benefits and also qualify for the mean test. Applicants will also need to accept the Term and conditions of Sassa.
SASSA payments are made through different methods. The beneficiaries can be paid through a bank account, a SASSA card, a Post Office branch, or Cash sent. Your Grant will help fulfill your basic needs in difficult situations, crises, unemployment, or disaster.
SASSA also gives a right of appeal if the Sassa srd application is rejected. You can appeal the Sassa decision through the Sassa website online by following the mentioned steps there.
Under this new Act, the existing beneficiaries are urged to reapply because the Grant is now also provided to unemployed persons. Every person who is unemployed and qualifies for the mean test can apply for the Grant. Once you’ve reapplied, you won’t have to apply again and again.
Also Read: Important Factors To Consider When Buying An Rv.